Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ticket Lessons

Listening the early songs of my life and realizing that the vast majority of them were written, recorded and performed by artists from the UK. Then there was a moment, perhaps too late for my own good, but early enough that I got in before the bandwagon was finished being built, when I decided I would only listen to only American music for the summer of 2001. It turned out to be the most influential summer on my development as an artist. Open Mic USA is an idea rooted in that sentiment. I hope will grow into a fruitful, nourishing product that is enjoyable to consume. This film, whether or not is gets made, will still screen in my heart, in it I will see cuts between the characters of great American song and those who must quest to make songs like that of their own, whether or not they fail. For in failure, there is always a lesson, just as on fortune cookie there are always letters - they do not necessarily convey more than the obvious - there will be a simple, persuasive perspective shown to me. I will fail if you fail me. The control is in now in the hands of those who might buy ticket that cannot be redeemed for love, but will get you into or behind the film or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment